We’ve always taken insurance personally
We may be living in the age of self-service, but when it comes to safeguarding the things that are important to you and your family, there’s no substitute for personal service from your insurer.
At a glance
Who we are
- Australian insurer with a history dating back to 1919
- Based in over 80 locations around Australia
- Over 190 local area managers supported by client service teams
- An underwriter that deals directly with clients
- Backed by IAG, Australasia’s largest general insurer.
What we do
- Insurance cover for farm, business, trade, strata, home, and investment properties.
- Workers' compensation in WA.
- Direct service in-person or over-the-phone.
We have been insuring Australians since 1919. Over this time, we have been there for our clients, providing support and assistance when they’ve needed it the most.
We’ve met with our clients in their homes, at their workplaces, on their farms and in our branches to talk about their insurance needs.
Whilst we are one of Australia’s leading rural, business and strata insurers we still believe in friendly, personal service. That’s why we have over 170 local area managers and 16 client service teams, situated across Australia, who are committed to deliver on this promise. Our people are experienced insurance professionals who take the time to listen, understand what’s important to you and talk to you about your insurance options. That way you can get the cover that suits your needs.
And if you ever have to make a claim, it’s reassuring to know it will be handled by a dedicated claims officer who is on hand to provide a simple and timely claims process. Our philosophy is to provide an excellent personalised claims service to every client, in every claim.
With WFI, you’re in good company.
Innovative product range
Our personal service approach means that we are able to listen to our clients and develop our range of products with your insurance requirements in mind.
We have insurance solutions for business owners, farmers, strata managers, landlords and home owners. Each of our products offers a range of options for you to choose from so you can tailor an insurance package to suit your needs.
Backed by IAG
WFI is backed by IAG, a leader in the general insurance industry with controlled operations in Australia, New Zealand, Thailand and Vietnam, and interests in general insurance joint ventures in Malaysia, India and China.
Information about shareholder meetings, annual reports and results announcements and briefings is available at iag.com.au.
Simply put, WFI are good people to know.
For us, it’s all about the personal touch. Getting to know our clients by being part of the community, so we understand the things that are important to you and why you need safeguarding.
Making ourselves available in person, or however you want to connect with us. Reassuring you, that when you need us, we’ll be there.
That’s why we are good people to know.
A tradition of excellence
Service is the cornerstone of our business. We pride ourselves in meeting the needs and expectations of our clients.
Over recent years we have been recognised for our commitment to client service and raising the standard of practice in the general insurance industry.
- ‘Best Regional Insurer’, Australian Banking and Finance News Magazine Awards, 2003
- ‘Best Regional Insurer’, Australian Banking and Finance News Magazine Awards, 2004
- ‘Best Regional Insurer’, Australian Banking and Finance News Magazine Awards, 2005
- ‘Best Regional Insurer’, Australian Banking and Finance News Magazine Awards, 2006
- ‘Best Regional Insurer’, Australian Banking and Finance News Magazine Awards, 2007
- ‘Business Insurer of the Year’, Roy Morgan Customer Satisfaction Awards, 2011
- ‘Business Insurer of the Year’, Roy Morgan Customer Satisfaction Awards, 2012