Our Community & the Environment
WFI recognises our corporate responsibilities towards both the environment and the community in our various roles as insurer, investor, employer and consumer.
We believe, as part of our social responsibility, that it is important to do what we can to protect and improve the environment. We understand that the pursuit of best environmental practice makes sound social and commercial sense.
Our aim is to, where possible, reduce the impact of our environmental footprint. We will achieve this by developing initiatives that will allow us to continue to meet our business targets, whilst at the same time acknowledging our social responsibility. We are committed to an Environmental Social Responsibility Policy (ESRP) that aims to reduce our environmental impact wherever we can.
The ESRP identifies WFI's recognition of, and commitment to, the environmental challenge. It demonstrates our willingness to engage in activities that will reduce our impact on the environment.
National Sustainability Committee
A WFI Sustainability Committee has been established. The committee meets regularly and has the following aims:
- Promote the consideration of the environmental impact of all actions.
- Promote a culture of positive engagement and inclusiveness in all WFI workplaces.
- Promote positive community contribution within WFI which manifests externally in the regions where WFI operates.
- Promote initiatives that build positive relationships with Indigenous communities.
- Promote sustainability principles and encourage them to be embedded in business operation practices.
Click below to view WFI's Environmental Social Responsibility Policy: